Ain't No Mountain High Enough
by Linze Anderson
My Top 5 Backpacking Tips Are:
1. Snacks! They are a must have for any backpacking trip. Nuts, Granola, Crackers, and Peanut Butter are all great to take. They will fill you up and keep you full for any outdoor adventure.
2. Water! Keeps you hydrated and keeps you from getting dehydrated. Remember the rule "8 x 8 rule" - drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day (about 1.9 liters).
3. Sun screen! A must have when doing anything outdoors. Prevents from getting a sunburn from the sun and wind burn.
4. Cell phone! With emergency contact numbers and local police or fire or ranger station when backpacking outdoors. Make sure your phone is well charged too before taking your adventure.
5. First Aid Kit! For major to minor injuries. A first aid kit is a must have. And they are easily affordable too.
Click here to post comments
Return to Top 5 Backpacking Tips Contest - November 2010.